The Baha and Walid Bassatne Department of Chemical Engineering and Advanced Energy fosters a community of scholars, among its faculty members and graduate students, with the interest of advancing knowledge and contributing to the profession. The program offers two graduate programs leading to the following degrees:
- Master of Science, major: Chemical Engineering
- Master of Engineering, major: Chemical Engineering
In order to fulfill graduation requirements, a student must complete a minimum of 31 course credit hours and a 9 credit hours thesis for the MS option (40 credits in total), or a minimum of 21 course credit hours and 9 credit hour thesis for the ME option (30 credits in total). These can be accomplished on a full or part-time basis as tabulated below. A minimum of one calendar year of residence is however required for graduation from either program.
The programs will provide graduates with the necessary background and tools for handling challenges in various process industries, while emphasizing a strong technical foundation in advanced-level coursework and independent research. The programs will therefore,
- Complement the existing BS and BE programs in chemical engineering by providing advanced knowledge of fundamental subjects,
- Supplement the research portfolio of AUB,
- Encourage industrial partnerships leading to research that supports the needs of the various process industries in Lebanon and the region,
- Provide the necessary resources to support research activities which will facilitate faculty retention and promotion.
Both programs have been prepared in accordance with the requirements of the Lebanese Ministry of Higher Education.