The PhD program in ECE creates knowledge through advanced coursework and
original research with expert faculty to shape the next generation of leaders for careers in academia and industry. It provides students with research-intensive studies in the different areas of ECE to develop competencies and proficiency in emerging technologies, and the latest advancements in science and engineering.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Provide students with research opportunities to acquire a depth of knowledge in one specialization area of electrical and computer engineering and familiarity with allied areas,
- Provide opportunities for doctoral students to develop competence in performing independent research, communicating effectively and learning independently,
- Advance the state of electrical and computer engineering research at AUB, in Lebanon and in the region, and
- To advance state of the art in electrical and computer engineering.
Graduates of the program are expected to have:
- Breadth of knowledge in electrical and computer engineering and depth of knowledge in their specific area of research,
- An ability to identify and define research problems,
- Experience in performing research and communicating the results effectively,
- Experience in doing independent academic work, and
- A published contribution to the existing literature in electrical and computer engineering.
Applicants who have an excellent record of academic achievement and potential for creative and independent work may be admitted into one of the following categories:
- Students Holding a master's degree
- Students Holding a bachelor's degree