The American University of Beirut, Bachelor of Engineering (BE) program in Mechanical Engineering has been accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
Mechanical Engineering Program Educational Objectives
The program is based on the following education objectives:
- Our graduates will be able to advance successfully in their careers as reflected in continued employment, job satisfaction, leadership responsibilities, and professional recognition.
- Our graduates will be able to succeed in graduate studies as reflected in admission to highly ranked programs, timely completion of degree requirements, and recognition by competitive fellowships and other awards.
The following program educational outcomes have been adopted from ABET EC-2000. Each student receiving a BE degree will demonstrate:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to function in multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- Knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
ABET Assessment and Improvement
ABET - Assessment & Improvement