The Climate Design Lab (CDL) allows students to develop scientific understanding of issues relating to the sustainable dimension of the built environment.The CDL would enable students to study and improve their knowledge regarding:
CDL is located in room 307 of Building FS1. The instruments in the CDL include a heliodon, a wind tunnel, specialized softwares that allow performing simulations as well as other resources that help architecture and engineering students develop their designs in a climate responsive manner thus producing comfortable spaces that reduce energy consumption.
- Climate and its relationship to buildings and the space between buildings
- Contextual aspect of building design and construction
- Technical architectural and engineering parameters in climate responsive design
- Integrated design process
- Behavior of buildings by monitoring spaces and creating a database of information
- Future trends pertaining to this subject