Roland monoFab SRM-20 and AXYZ 4008 ATC
ABOUT THE CNC MILLING MACHINES
- The CNC milling machines can be used for cutting 2D parts and for 3D milling.
- Roland monoFab CNC router has a 200 x 150 mm bed.
- AXYZ 4008 ATC CNC router has a 1524 x 2440 mm bed.
- For 2D cutting and 3D milling, the tool diameter should be taken into consideration in order to get the best results.
- For 2D and 3D files, the design can be done in many softwares (Rhinoceros, AutoCAD, Illustrator, SolidWorks, Sketch Up, etc.)
- For 2D Files:
- 2D cutting requires only 2D polylines. 2D cut parts should have each part represented as a single closed curve or polyline.
- Make sure your lines meet exactly at endpoints and there are no duplicate, intersecting, or overlapping lines.
- For 3D Files:
- 3D milling requires a polygonal mesh, a surface, or solid model.
- All files should be scaled to the actual size and units that you need.
We use Modela Player 4 and iModela Creator softwares for operating Roland monoFab SRM-20 and RhinoCAM, which is a plug-in that works within Rhinoceros for operating AXYZ 4008 ATC.
Rhinoceros reads geometry from most 2D and 3D software programs.
The most commonly used operations are:
- 2D: profiling, pocketing and drilling.
- 3D: horizontal roughing (rough cutting of surfaces) and parallel finishing (finish cutting of 3D surfaces).
- Files formats should be: .3dm, .dwg, .dxf, .stl, .iges and .ai.
Final revision for the file is done, then generated creating a machine-readable text file RML-1, NC codes and Gcodes, which are specific to our machines.
- If your material is of several parts that are glued, be sure to give it enough time to dry.
- Also, please note your actual material thickness as this may affect your file settings.
- Please use calipers to get the exact dimensions.
- Please note that it is common for parts to take several hours to finish.
CNC Suitable Materials
For Roland monoFab SRM-20:
- Modelling Wax (Resins), Chemical Wood, Foam, Plexiglass …
- For AXYZ 4008 ATC:
- Solid hardwood or softwood
- Plywood, MDF, Particleboard
- Rigid insulation foam (blue foam)
- Plastics (ex. acrylic and polyethylene)
Before Your Appointment
- Erase all stray lines and shapes.
- Remove all overlapping and duplicate lines. Overlapping lines and shapes will lead to very negative results.
- Please ensure that any file you bring is well organized and is ready to cut.
- Delete all unnecessary information from your file.