There will be two rounds during the competition:
- First Round: All teams will answer 10 multiple-choice questions using clickers. Each correct question worth 10 points. Teams answering at least 5 out of 10 questions correctly will participate in the Second rRund.
- Second Round: Qualified teams from Round 1 will answer 8 multiple-choice questions using programmed clickers. Each correct question is worth 10 points and the top five fastest teams with the correct answer will get additional Bonus Points. Points from Round 1 are carried to Round 2.
Teams with the largest number of points will win the competition. In case of a tie, a sudden-death round will decide the winner.
The registration for the competition is FREE.
The monetary cash awards are: $1,500 for the first prize, $1,000 for the second prize, $500 for the third prize, and $300 for the fourth prize.
The questions in OC4 cover the following topics:
- Acidity & basicity
- Alkanes & cycloalkanes
- Conformations of alkanes & cycloalkanes
- Alcohols & alkyl halides: nucleophilic substitution reactions
- Structure & preparation of alkenes: elimination reactions
- Reactions of alkenes
- Alkynes and their reactions
- Conjugation in alkadienes & allylic systems
- Arenes and aromaticity
- Electrophilic & nucleophilic aromatic substitutions
- Organometallic compounds
- Alcohols, diols, and thiols
- Ethers, epoxides, and sulfides
- Aldehydes and ketones
- Carboxylic acids and their derivatives
- Enols and enolates