Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy - National University of Singapore
The National University of Singapore - Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy is offering graduate scholarship opportunities to AUB students for the following two programs.
Master in International Affairs: people who are passionate about understanding the transformations taking place in Asia and across the world and are highly motivated, outward-looking, and open to new ideas are encouraged to apply to this 2-year Master in International Affairs (MIA). Applicants with at least 2 years of work experience are preferred. Fresh Graduates and students expecting to graduate in Spring 2020 are welcome to apply.
Master in Public Policy: For young professionals with 2 to 5 years of work experience, the 2-year Master in Public Policy (MPP) is a suitable program. Fresh Graduates and students expecting to graduate in Spring 2020 are welcome to apply.
To apply for the scholarship, students must first submit an application to OIP by November 17, 2019. The list of applicants will be shared with students' faculty and students will be nominated by their faculty selection committee. AUB will convey list of nominees to NUS-LKY who will contact nominees for further assessment and assistance with their application.
Note: AUB's nominees' applications need to go through assessment by the NUS-LKY Admissions Committee. Scholarships are awarded on merit for shortlisted candidates.
Apply now: http://lf-websrvfp.aub.edu.lb/Forms/NUSLKY-Scholarship
Student Leaders Program (SLP)
The Middle East
Partnership Initiative (MEPI) Student Leaders Program (SLP) is a fully-funded
5-week intensive training program held at four U.S. universities for 60
undergraduate and early-stage graduate students between the ages 20 and 24 from
the MENA region. Students gain hands-on knowledge about leadership, civic
engagement, social entrepreneurship, and decision-making processes and learn
how to apply these skills in their home countries.
the opportunity to meet their American peers, engage in local community service
activities, and observe and take part in the governmental process on the local,
state, and federal levels. The program includes academic coursework as well as
study tours to various regions of the United States.
The Student Leaders
program will take place over the course of approximately five weeks in the
United States from June 24-July 29, 2020. Click here for more info.
The French Embassy in Lebanon, through the high-level scientific residency plan of the SAFAR program, finances mobility of doctoral students, post-doctoral candidates and young Lebanese teachers-researchers in French research institutions, for specific residencies ranging from 1 to 3 months.
These mobility grants must aim to initiate a research project or to strengthen an existing scientific collaboration with a French research team associated with a higher education and research institution, or with a research organization or a company.
The grant offers a monthly allowance of 1704 Euros during the mobility period in France, free visa, free medical care in France, free round-trip flight ticket between Lebanon and France, as well as free transportation between the arrival airport and the training facility on the first trip.
- Hold Lebanese nationality and reside in Lebanon (people holding French-Lebanese nationality are not eligible).
- Be a doctoral student at AUB wishing to make a temporary stay of 1 to 3 months in a French research institution other than the establishment he/she enrolled in.
- Be a post-doctoral student or researcher from AUB, or a teacher-researcher of a partner institution provided that the beneficiary is involved in one of the major projects and initiatives of the AUB.
- For post-doctoral candidates and young researchers to carry out the mobility in the French host institution, they should have completed their PhD less than 5 years prior to the date of the beginning of the mobility grant in France, and have a work contract in their home institution.
- Receive an invitation for a scientific residence from a host organization in France (higher education and research institution, research organization or company).
- Have language skills adapted to the language of work and the research project.
- The beneficiary cannot undertake any additional paid work during his/her mobility grant period.
- Upon the announcement of the results, the beneficiary must decide on his/her intention to accept or refuse the mobility grant. In case of mobility grant abandonment, the candidate must justify the motivations and reasons for his/her decision.
- The beneficiary must, clearly and explicitly, mention his/her funding program (as part of the French Embassy Agreement in Lebanon AUB) in all kinds of publications and scientific contributions related to the research work accomplished during the mobility grant period (articles, oral presentations, posters, conference proceedings, etc.).
Note that in order to obtain this mobility funding, the beneficiary must devote himself/herself entirely to his/her research project. It is highly desirable that the stay or residency should lead to a scientific publication.
To apply, visit the link (HERE) and submit an application by September 15, 2019.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Said Foundation Scholarships
Are you interested in a fully-funded scholarship to study for a masters degree in the UK in 2020/21? Do you hold Syrian, Jordanian, Lebanese or Palestinian nationality? Are you interested in joining an influential alumni network? If you are, why not apply for a Saïd Foundation Scholarship?. Click here
for more information.
The Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship
The Darmasiswa Indonesian Scholarship is a one-year non-degree scholarship program to study Indonesian language, arts, music and crafts. Participants may choose one of 54 different universities located in myriad cities in Indonesia. Click here
for more information.
The Chevening ScholarshipChevening applications open for scholastic year 2020-21: One year master's degree at any university in the UK (fully funded)
Are you Lebanese or a Palestinian residing in Lebanon? Do you have ambition, leadership potential, and a strong academic background? You could be studying for a master's degree in the UK on a fully-funded Chevening Scholarship. Applications for Chevening is now open, deadline November 5, 2018. To find out if you are eligible to apply, please visit www.chevening.org/apply/eligibility-criteria
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program is a new university-wide, global, postgraduate fellowship at Stanford University. Each Knight-Hennessy Scholar will receive full funding to pursue a postgraduate degree at Stanford in any field of study - from PhDs in arts, education, engineering, humanities, or social sciences to professional degrees in business, law, or medicine. About 2/3 of the Knight-Hennessy Scholars will be international citizens, from all around the world. We hope Lebanon will be a key source of talented students. Click here
for more information.
DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) Scholarships
- The DAAD and other German organizations scholarships are available for graduate and PhD students. Click here for more information.
- “University Summer Courses offered in Germany for Foreign Students and Graduates “ is open for applicants. This programme aims to help students and graduates improve their knowledge of German (general language, special language) and their cultural knowledge of the country. Applications are open to students enrolled in Bachelor's and Master's degree programmes in any subject area. Bachelor students must have completed at least two academic years at the start of the scholarship period.
The grant holder must be at least 18 years old when he/she starts the funded stay. Applicants must be registered at a university of one of the programme-related countries (except Germany) at the time their funded stay begins.
Applicants must be able to follow lectures in German and collaborate in teams therefore, applicants must provide proof of a minimum language level of B1.
The courses run for at least 18 teaching days (max. 5 days/week, excluding days of arrival and departure) with a minimum of 25 hours of teaching a week. For more information click here.
Please note the deadline is December 1, 2018
The Rhodes Scholarships
The Rhodes Scholarships are postgraduate awards supporting exceptional students from around the world to study at the University of Oxford. The Rhodes is the oldest and perhaps the most prestigious international scholarship program in the world, which aims to nurture public-spirited leaders for the world's future. They are based at Rhodes House, Oxford. Click here
for more information.
The Undergraduate Awards (UA)
The Undergraduate Awards provides top performing students with the support, network and opportunities they require to raise their profiles and further their career paths, as well as coming to Dublin for an all-expenses-paid trip to receive their medal. Click here
form more information.
Korean Government Scholarship Information from Chung-Ang University, South Korea
Students can have an opportunity to continue their further studies at Chung-Ang University through Korean Government Scholarship Program(KGSP). To provide international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in undergraduate and graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries. Scholarship covers whole tuition fee and a monthly stipend.Click here
for more information.