WELCOME TO AUB!
You are about to embark on a vibrant new stage in your life, set in an internationally diverse community. If this is your first time in Lebanon then expect differences in culture, climate, food, language and rules of behavior and norms.
Your OIP Student Mentor will help ease your transition and integration into Lebanon and the AUB community by organizing regular cultural events throughout the academic year. We also recommend that you join student societies or clubs as a way of meeting new people and making friends. Last but not least, we at the Office of International Programs have an 'open door' policy, so just drop by if you have any questions or concerns.
AUB Dormitories, Government and Ministry of Health regulations regarding travel and COVID-19 testing as of January 1st, 2022.
- If you are coming from abroad and want to check-in to AUB dorms, please note that you will need to provide Student Housing with 2 negative PCR test results (HARD COPY). If you are already in Lebanon or have arrived 14 days prior to your check-in date, you will be required to provide only 1 PCR test result before checking-in to AUB dorms. COVID-19 Guidelines for AUB dormitories and more information on Housing is also posted on the Student Housing website.
- If you have been vaccinated against COVID-19 (two shots or one full dose) at least two weeks prior to your arrival to Beirut, or if you have contracted the virus and completely recovered at least 90 days prior to your arrival to Beirut Airport, you will not be required to take a PCR test prior to departure from your country of residence nor upon arrival to Beirut Airport. You will be required to upload the vaccination certificate/neccessary documents to the MoPH platform to obtain a pass.
- As of January 10, 2022, all arriving passengers except children under the age of 12 years and UNIFIL members, must pay 30$ USD in advance by credit card and shall be done exclusively through this link. Passengers will not be allowed to take a PCR test upon arrival to Beirut Airport unless the payment is made.
- Prior to departure from your home country, and if you are not vaccinated, you will be required to have a negative PCR test result done no later than 96 hours prior to your departure. You are expected to upload the result to the form you submit to the Lebanese Ministry of Public Health at the following link: http://pass.moph.gov.lb/. You will be sent a QR code through SMS that should be provided to local authorities upon arrival to Beirut Airport.
- All passengers arriving in Lebanon are required to show proof of a valid travel insurance policy that includes coverage of medical care related to COVID-19.
- All newly-accepted international students will get the chance to receive the COVID-19 vaccine at the American University of Beirut Medical Center (AUBMC) in case they cannot get vaccinated in their home countries prior to their departure.