The French Embassy in Lebanon, through the high-level scientific residency plan of the SAFAR program, finances mobility of doctoral students, post-doctoral candidates and young Lebanese teachers-researchers in French research institutions, for specific residencies ranging from 1 to 3 months.
These mobility grants must aim to initiate a research project or to strengthen an existing scientific collaboration with a French research team associated with a higher education and research institution, or with a research organization or a company.
The grant offers a monthly allowance of 1704 Euros during the mobility period in France, free visa, free medical care in France, free round-trip flight ticket between Lebanon and France, as well as free transportation between the arrival airport and the training facility on the first trip.
- Hold Lebanese nationality and reside in Lebanon (people holding French-Lebanese nationality are not eligible).
- Be a doctoral student at AUB wishing to make a temporary stay of 1 to 3 months in a French research institution other than the establishment he/she enrolled in.
- Be a post-doctoral student or researcher from AUB, or a teacher-researcher of a partner institution provided that the beneficiary is involved in one of the major projects and initiatives of the AUB.
- For post-doctoral candidates and young researchers to carry out the mobility in the French host institution, they should have completed their PhD less than 5 years prior to the date of the beginning of the mobility grant in France, and have a work contract in their home institution.
- Receive an invitation for a scientific residence from a host organization in France (higher education and research institution, research organization or company).
- Have language skills adapted to the language of work and the research project.
- The beneficiary cannot undertake any additional paid work during his/her mobility grant period.
- Upon the announcement of the results, the beneficiary must decide on his/her intention to accept or refuse the mobility grant. In case of mobility grant abandonment, the candidate must justify the motivations and reasons for his/her decision.
- The beneficiary must, clearly and explicitly, mention his/her funding program (as part of the French Embassy Agreement in Lebanon AUB) in all kinds of publications and scientific contributions related to the research work accomplished during the mobility grant period (articles, oral presentations, posters, conference proceedings, etc.).
Note that in order to obtain this mobility funding, the beneficiary must devote himself/herself entirely to his/her research project. It is highly desirable that the stay or residency should lead to a scientific publication.
To apply, visit the link (HERE) and submit an application by September 15, 2019.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.