Applicants for this internship should be currently pursuing their Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree at
the American University of Beirut.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint), Canva, Linktree, and social media
platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) is a must.
Knowledge of OIP’s website is a must.
Consistent and punctual communication with OIP’s Director and Associate Director is a must.
Required soft skills: team-player, initiative, adaptability, commitment, communication skills (verbal and
written), enthusiasm, determination, dependability, organizational skills, responsibility & reliability.
B. TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Intern has access to OIP social media platforms and contributes to day-to-day promotion of
OIP’s programs (posts, stories, captions…) under the supervision of the Director and
2) The Social Media Intern meets virtually or in-person with the Director and Associate Director
on a weekly basis to follow up on ongoing projects and plans.
3) Intern collaborates with students and OIP Mentors to solicit engagement on social media.
4) Intern will update OIP Social Media URL List at every post or website update.
5) Intern will produce a Social Media Performance Assessment Report on a semester basis.
6) Intern will work on promotion project plans for: