Before you book your appointment, please ensure that you have checked the relevant information on our website or the handouts in CMS, as many answers to career-related queries can be found within.
How to connect with CMS:
All appointments and queries should be communicated through e-mail or in person by visiting our office on the ground floor of OSB.
If you have any documents that you wish a career adviser to look over, please send them by email to your career advisor prior to your appointment.
If you have any questions about the information we have online or about our services, connect with us via the above email.
If you need to cancel your appointment, you must notify your advisor by email at least one day before your scheduled session.
If we need to cancel an appointment, our team will contact you by email as soon as possible to reschedule.
If you are a current student, and not in Lebanon, we can provide career guidance by email/Skype.
If you are an OSB alumnus living abroad, we can advise you over Skype.
Short discussions are 15-20 minutes long. We offer objective, confidential career guidance based on your individual needs. This guidance can include (but is not limited to):
- Feedback on CVs, cover letters, etc.
- Providing job-specific information and work/internship experience – advising where to find it
- Quick tips on interview preparation and techniques
- Showing you relevant resources and services
Career counselling sessions
Counselling sessions are 30-60 min long. We offer comprehensive career and academic guidance based on your individual case and needs, personality, interests, and goals. This session includes (but is not limited to):
- helping you to explore career paths
- understanding and recognizing your skills and what motivates you
- choosing your concentration
- discussing further study options (graduate school, certifications, etc)
Job search support
We provide thorough support for job- or internship- seeking students and alumni including (but not limited to):
- how and where to use your degree
- job sectors and fields specific information
- identifying jobs leads resources
- job search strategies and sources
If you want to prepare for your next job/internship interview and want to ace it, you can book a mock interview session with your career advisor. The mock interview session is typically 60 min long (30min for interview and 30min for feedback). You can choose to have a general interview or a position-specific one; in this case, you must send the details of the vacancy you are applying for to your career advisor at least one day before your scheduled appointment.
We provide two psychometric assessments (MBTI & SuccessFinder) to assist students in discovering their behavioral preferences, personality types, and aligning their interests with job families that are a good fit.