Criteria for Admission
To be eligible for admission to the MFIN program, a student must hold a bachelor’s degree and must satisfy the University requirements for admission to graduate study.
The MFIN program is looking to attract and admit candidates with the following requirements:
- The applicant must possess an undergraduate degree from an accredited credit system university with an average GPA in the last 60 credits of at least 80 (3.2) or equivalent. For universities that do not follow the credit system, the cumulative average of the applicant will be taken into consideration.
- Students coming from a non-quantitative background may be asked to take the GMAT or GRE exam.
- Students with a quantitative background, specifically those coming from the fields of Finance, Accounting, Math, Physics, Engineering and Economics are exempted from the GMAT or GRE requirement.
- Students not having an undergraduate degree in Business will be required to take at least two prerequisite courses prior to enrollment in the program.
- Applicants with previous work experience in the field of Finance are at an advantage.
- Personal interviews will be conducted with the MFIN applicants whenever deemed necessary by the Graduate Committee.
Deadline for Fall 2019-2020 : March 18, 2020
The Application Process
for admission to the MFIN program, an applicant must upload supporting documents before the application deadline:
- An application form
- Degree certificate(s) or current enrollment certificate
- All official academic transcripts obtained in a higher education institution (undergraduate, graduate, and exchange programs included) with official GPA
- Résumé (CV)
- English language proficiency test score report (TOEFL or EEE or IELTS )
- Two completed online reference forms (at least one should be filled out by a professor)
- Scanned copy of ID or Passport
- A GMAT or GRE score for students coming from a non-quantitative background
- Non-refundable application fee of LL 75,000 or $50
- Refer to the English Language Proficiency Requirement (ELPR) may be required depending on your home institution