QS 2020 Rankings
The QS World University Rankings has released their annual list for the year 2020. The American University of Beirut, being one of the leading higher education institutions in the region, has been yet again ranked in the top 250 globally and number one in Lebanon. QS rankings are based on six indicators. One of these indicators is employer reputation which is one of AUB's strongest areas. AUB provides a high-end educational experience to its students unlike any other in the region and that is why businesses globally, and especially in the Arab world, always seek out AUB graduates.
OSB's Masters Programs ranked within the top masters programs worldwide, which confirm OSB's reputation for excellence, one that extends well beyond Lebanon.
The Suliman S. Olayan School of Business (OSB) is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International
. Since 1916, AACSB is the most sought after business school accreditation in the world. AACSB provides quality assurance, business education intelligence, and professional development services to over 1,500 member organizations and more than 785 accredited business schools worldwide. AACSB Accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Less than five percent of business schools worldwide have earned AACSB Accreditation. OSB was the first business school in Lebanon to earn this accreditation (Accreditation 2009, Reaffirmed 2014 and 2019). Learn more >>
WRDS-SSRN Innovation Award
Wharton Research Data Services (WRDS), the leading data research platform and business intelligence tool for corporate, academic and government institutions worldwide, has awarded OSB the 2018 WRDS-SSRN Innovation Award for the EMEA region for its impact-driven research.
AACSB Innovation That Inspires Recognition 2019
AACSB recognizes OSB’s Growth Readiness Program, which builds the management capacity of SMEs having $1-5 million turnover with high growth potential that impacts the economic wellbeing of the community, as a leading contender in 2019 Innovation That Inspires in Europe, Middle East, and Africa. The annual challenge celebrates institutions from around the world serving as champions of change in the business education landscape.
AACSB Innovation That Inspires Recognition 2018
The 2018 AACSB Innovations That Inspire challenge recognized The Knowledge Is Power (KIP) project among 30 global initiatives, which are defining what it means to lead in the face of uncertainty and to cultivate that winning skillset in the next generation of business leaders.
- The 2019 Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) global rankings placed OSB's MFIN program in 78th place out of 158 schools and the MSBA program in 33rd place out of 75. The MFIN program was recognized for the categories of employability and thought leadership while the MSBA garnered high recognition in alumni outcome and value for money indicators.
- The 2019 Eduniversal Best Masters Ranking acknowledged OSB's MBA program in 1st place among business schools in Eurasia & Middle East .OSB’s Masters in business analytics was ranked 3rd in the region .The Masters in Human Resources Management landed 3rd place as well.
- In the 2018 Eduniversal global rankings, OSB received 4 Palms of Excellence as the top business school with significant international influence and was ranked the 3rd top business school in the Eurasia and Middle East region.
- The 2018 Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) global rankings placed OSB's MBA and MFIN programs in the top 200 and top 75 elite programs respectively. OSB is the only business school in Lebanon to join this prestigious ranking and outperforms all other business schools in the region.
- The 2017/2018 edition of the QS Arab Region University Rankings has placed AUB in the first position among 1,000 universities in the Arab world. This is the first time that AUB holds this position.
- In its 2016 edition, the U.S. News & World Report ranked OSB #1 in the MENA region in overall research quality, research excellence, and research impact despite the relatively smaller size of its professional faculty compared to other top-ranked schools in the Arab region.
Chartered Financial Analyst Institute Partner
OSB is the first partner of the Chartered Financial Analyst
Institute in the region. CFA partnership offers OSB undergraduate and graduate students access to the Level I Curriculum of CFA, news briefs via e-mail, and student scholarships.
Graduate Management Admission Council Member
OSB has been admitted to the membership of the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC),
a nonprofit organization of 220 leading business schools from around the world that are committed to advancing the quality of graduate management education, fair and ethical treatment of candidates and students, and serving the graduate management education community.
United Nations Global Compact Network Lebanon
Since 2015, Global Compact Network Lebanon
(GCNL) has worked closely with the United Nations Global Compact Headquarters to provide learning opportunities, policy dialogue, and partnership on the Ten Principles and UN Sustainable Development Goals in Lebanon. The Suliman S. Olayan School of Business CSR Initiative is the secretariat for GCNL.