The Big4&After competition is a full-day event comprised of a campus-wide treasure hunt through Moodle-based questions, riddles, and team-building activities that close with a very exciting head-to-head competition.
- Hosted annually since 2011 by the Finance Accounting and Managerial Economics track (FAME) at the Olayan School of Business, the Big4&After is Co-coordinated by Sana El Hajj and Rania Uwaydah Mardini, both FAME faculty, with the assistance of four representatives of the student body, and is sponsored by EY and PwC, two of the Big Four multi-national accounting firms worldwide.
- The event has shifted from paper-based to digital. During the pandemic, it was completely virtual. It is a great example of how AUB and OSB are continuously evolving and adapting to their surroundings.
B4&After activities and assessment criteria are carefully designed to feature and communicate in a fun-filled, engaging manner the following key aspects of a successful career in accounting:
- Accounting and auditing theory
- General Knowledge
- Time management skills
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Ethics and integrity
- Adaptability to different teams and environments while maintaining a certain core set of values.
OSB students are always looking forward to this unique competition. This year registration hit an all-time high with 132 students. (32teams)
The winners gain a guaranteed employment opportunity – provided they maintain an average of 75, take 2 accounting electives, and have the legal right to work in Lebanon - and therefore avoid the very rigorous requirements and testing for joining such reputable multi-national firms. The 1st runner up team gains a guaranteed internship opportunity - which is typically the pathway to future employment.
The event, over its history, has created around 44 solid employment opportunities and 44 internship opportunities. As such it is an example of AUB and OSB’s resilience to withstand and overcome the adversities of the unfortunate economic times we are going through.