CAM2018 will follow the same planning of CAM2016 where a number of 15 International well-known experts will act as either keynote speakers or panel participants or workshop providers. The following experts are confirmed:
- Dr. Chawki Tawbi: IBM Analytics & Data Science Technical Executive for Middle East, Africa, and Turkey
- He has more than 25 years of experience in the Data and Analytics area. He has been working for IBM for the last 17 years. Dr. Tawbi is leading a team of professionals covering Data Science and Machine Learning, Big Data and Core Database, Data Warehouse appliances, Information Integration, Governance, and Advanced Analytics solutions. He has also a large experience in Enterprise Content Management and in Data warehouse project management. Dr. Tawbi has early experience on AI where he applied AI principles in building an Expert System in his Master project in 1992. He started his professional career as Assistant Professor on IT and Computer Science in Pau University, South France and La Sorbonne, Paris. Dr. Tawbi holds a Ph.D. in Active Databases from the University of Toulouse - France, an AI and Databases Master from INSA-Ecole Centrale in Lyon and an MBA from Warwick Business School. He has published several papers in international journals and conferences in the Active Databases and Cognitive domains.
- Mr. Fadi Sidani: Managing Partner at Governance
- Fadi has over 25 years' experience, in the Middle East and USA, in general advisory and assurance working with clients on various solutions, including business plans, feasibility studies, valuations, external audit among other services. For the past decade or so, Fadi has been focused on Risk Advisory including corporate governance, risk management, internal audit and related services. His work spans the whole Middle East across many geographies and varied sectors such as financial services, public sector and telecom. Prior to joining Deloitte in 2002, Fadi with the Risk Advisory leader at Arthur Andersen in Dubai. Fadi is currently a member of the Deloitte Middle East Board of Directors. His interests outside work are cycling and community support.
- HE Dr. Ghinwa Jalloul: Chairperson & CEO of Technology sarl, former Chair of Information Technology Parliamentary Committee
- H.E. Dr. Ghinwa Jalloul , PhD in Information Technology (IT), is a Former Member of Lebanese Parliament and Founder of Lebanese Parliament Information Technology Committee and Author of Lebanese Electronic Transaction Law. She is the Founder President/CEO of Technology sarl. Chairwoman & Cofounder Torch sal. Dr. Jalloul received several distinguished awards including WFWPI Pioneer for Peace In the Middle East, UNESCO Creativity Award; AWSC Award of Arab Distinguished Women UPF Ambassador of Peace. Dr. Jalloul assumed several positions including Prof. of Computer Science, Senate member, member of admissions and Technology committee at the American University of Beirut where she participated in founding and developing Computer Science programs (BSc. And MSc.; Special Fellow of The United Nations Institute of Training & Research For Middle East & North Africa (MENA) Region, 2006 – 2008; Founding Member and Assistant Secretary General of Working Women Committee (Arab Labor Organization), 2000-2001. Dr. Jalloul is the author of UML by Example published by Cambridge press and several other international publications and papers.
- Professor Ibrahim Osman, American University of Beirut
- Ibrahim H. Osman obtained his Ph.D. in Operations Research/Management Science (1991) from the Management School, Imperial College, University of London, UK; MSc in Operations Research with distinction (1987) from University of Southampton, UK, and BS in Mathematics from the Lebanese University (1983). Dr Osman is currently the Husni Sawwaf Endowed Chair in Business and Management. He has served AUB and OSB at various levels including: Chairman of University Board of Graduate Studies; Chairman of the University Due Process Monitoring; Chairman of the Senate Committee on Faculty Affairs; Associate Dean for Research; Chairman of OSB Faculty Research Committee; Chairman of OSB Accreditation Task Force of Faculty; Founding Chairman of the OSB Business Information and Decision System track; and members of University IT Academic Committee; University Research Board; University Capital Budget; University HIP Task Force; University Housing Task Force; University Unified Admission Committee; University Ranking Committee; School Advisory Committee and various Promotion/Recruitment Committees.
- Professor Jamal Ouenniche, University of Edinburgh, UK
Dr. Ouenniche is Professor and Chair in Business Analytics at the University of Edinburgh Business School (UK), Member of the Senate, Member of the Business School Executive Board, and Head of the Management Science and Business Economics group. He holds BSc. in Mathematics and MSc. in Operational Research from the University of Montreal (Canada), and PhD in Operations Management from Laval University (Quebec, Canada). His research portfolio encompasses a broad range of applications and a variety of research methodologies in descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics, and tackles important managerial issues in banking, transport, manufacturing, energy, and public-sector policy. Some of his research is concerned with methodological contributions to the field of optimization, artificial intelligence, data envelopment analysis, multicriteria decision making, risk modelling and analysis, and forecasting. He acts as a Referee for over 30 academic journals, several international conferences, and several national and foreign research councils (e.g., ESRC - The Economic and Social Research Council of the UK; The Leverhulme Trust, UK; SSHRC - The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada; FCT - The Foundation for Science and Technology – the Portuguese public research funding agency; GACR - The Czech Science Foundation – the main public funding agency in the Czech Republic). He is also a Member of the Editorial Board of eight academic journals and is an Associate Editor of Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications. His research is published in Operations Research; European Journal of Operational Research; Computers and Operations Research; Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications; Expert Systems with Applications; International Journal of Operational Research; Journal of the Operational Research Society; Annals of Operations Research; International Journal of Production Economics; International Journal of Production Research; Technological Forecasting and Social Change – An International Journal; International Review of Financial Analysis; Applied Financial Economics; Applied Economics Letters; Energy Economics; Applied Energy; and The Journal of Developing Areas, amongst others. His teaching experience is international and covers a wide range of areas such as Operations, Logistics, and Supply Chain Management; Performance Analytics; Operational Research & Management Science (e.g., Prescriptive Analytics with Mathematical Programing, Business Analytics with Heuristics); Business Statistics and Methods of Research; and Business Forecasting/Predictive Analytics.
- Mr. Luca Calconi: Principal Consultant at CRIF – Italy
- Luca Calconi is an experienced consultant in the Credit Risk Management arena
with a pedigree of more than 20 years of projects to support banks in the introduction of advanced analytics methods to optimize credit management practice across the whole customer lifecycle. Luca today is covering the role of Principal Consultant at CRIF Solution in the Dubai Office. Luca is leading since January 2016 the Business Consulting Team – highly experienced individuals with Credit Risk Management and Credit process skills matured over 15 years of projects delivered to Banks and Financial Institutions in the Middle East. Before joining CRIF Luca was Analytics Lead in Accenture for Italy and Central Europe. Between 2006 and 2014, Luca was part of Global Consulting Practice for Experian in EMEA region. During that period, he worked close to the local Experian teams located in Europe, Middle East and Latin America with the role of advisor in high complexity projects for the review of origination, Client Management and Collection processes leveraging predictive analytics and Experian software platforms. Luca started his career at CRIF, in the Italian HQ, where he started as Analytics Consultant to reach the position of Analytics Manager. During this period, he matured a significant experience on Credit Scoring and other Analytics techniques to assess credit risk of financial institutions counterparties (Individuals and SMEs). Luca was also leading a number of initiatives for the development and implementation of 'go to market' strategies for Credit
- Mr. Michel G. Kamel: Senior Group Risk Analyst / Certified Predictive Modeler
- Michel is managing several analytical projects across Group Bank Audi with focus on risk measurement and quantification using advanced data science and machine learning approaches in addition to the support of business growth by enhancing current strategies using specific data driven processes. One of his responsibilities is the development and implementation of application and behavioral predictive scorecard models across all products and countries. Michel has around 8 years of experience in data science and predictive analytics complemented by several years of academic lecturing experience in the same field. Michel is a data scientist from Harvard Extension school, a SAS certified predictive modeler, holds a master's degree in actuarial science and a bachelor's in mathematics from the Lebanese University.
- Mr. Michel Khazzaka: Blockchain Practice Director at Azzana Consulting, Paris
- Michel Khazzaka has more than 15 years of consulting experience covering
business and information systems. He worked at the Lebanese Presidential Palace as an IT expert before migrating to France for a master's degree in information and systems' security. For the last years, Michel worked at DXC Technology where he started the Payments Practice in 2010 under Banking consulting for Europe region, and covered all payments value chain from initiating, acceptance till settlement. He leads the Blockchain offering worldwide and he's now in charge of a specialized Blockchain Practice at Azzana Consulting in France Belgium and Singapore. Michel is also a certified Data Protection Officer according to the GDPR regulation from Solvay Business School. He's a renowned speaker worldwide about the Blockchain revolution with a track record of successful Blockchain client realization.
- Mr. Nadim Iskandarani: Senior Technology Consulting Manager at Accenture
- Nadim has extensive experience in Enterprise Solution Architecture, Technology Strategy and Transformation Planning. He has over 14 years of technology consulting experience in architecting, designing and delivering enterprise grade solutions across the Middle East and Gulf. In his capacity as Sales Consulting Director at Oracle, Nadim is leading engagements with key accounts in the Gulf by advising and engaging Oracle customers in designing and planning their transformation journeys leveraging latest modern business applications and emerging technologies. Prior to joining Oracle, Nadim was a Senior Manager in Accenture's technology consulting practice where he was leading technology strategy and Oracle engagements across the Middle East. His experience included driving business and technology transformation initiatives for key private and public-sector clients in the Gulf region throughout the phases of vision, strategy, planning and execution.
- Dr. Oussama Ziade: Chairman and CEO of Intelligle
- Oussama Ziadé is a thought leader in Business excellence. He is a four-year member of the list of hundred people that matters in Knowledge Management. The list contains the top 100 CEO of technology and management consulting organizations. Ziadé is currently chairman and CEO of Intelligile, developer of integrated management solution that enable organizations to reach business excellence.
- Professor Sankar Sivarajah: Reader at Bradford Business School, UK
- Sankar Sivarajah current research interests include exploring the emergent role of digital technologies in the context of the circular economy and reverse logistics, sustainable operations management and the use of technology by governments. He works with leading industry and government organizations on several multi-million-pound R&D projects funded by the European Commission (FP7, H2020, Marie Curie) and Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) addressing societal challenges surrounding themes such as Smart cities, Energy efficient data centres, Social innovation and Participatory budgeting. He actively publishes in leading peer-reviewed journals and is an invited member of the editorial advisory board of journals. His research has been featured in leading media/trade publications such as Computer Weekly, PublicFinance, UKauthority etc. He was also awarded by Cass Business School (City University, London) an honorary membership to the Beta Gamma Sigma society, an international honour society recognizing business excellence. He is a member of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, UK, British Academy of Management and Association for Information Systems.
- Dr. Srini Parthasarnthy: Principal and head of Oxera efficiency practice, Oxera Consulting LLP, UK
- Dr Srini Parthasarathy is an expert on performance management and efficiency measurement, and joint head of Oxera's efficiency practice. Since 2005, he has led
on expert reports and testimony, and provided efficiency advice and analysis, as part of regulatory due diligence, regulatory incentive design, price control reviews, competition investigations, and price appeal and merger inquiries. He has advised a wide variety of organisations, investors, companies and regulators in almost all regulated sectors in the UK and Europe. Srini acts as a reviewer for peer-reviewed academic journals in performance management: OR Spectrum, Annals of Operations Research, the Journal of the Operational Research Society and Annals of the Brazilian Academy of Sciences.
- Mr. Tarek Bohsali: Digital Advisory Services Lead, Microsoft Services
- Tarek currently leads Digital Advisory Services at Microsoft Africa and East Med, helping governments and financial services firms to transform and succeed in the digital era. He has worked with governments across the Middle East and Africa on digital transformation planning. He also is leading the blockchain technology practice within MEA digital advisory services. Prior to his current role, he has led the Consulting Services practice for Microsoft across North Africa, Eastern Mediterranean and Nigeria. Tarek has a Master's degree in Computer Engineering from Boston University and an MBA from the American University of Beirut, and he is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in blockchain technology.
- Mrs. Tone Madsen: Head of Water sector, Danish Competition, and Consumer Agency
- Tone Madsen has been working with the utilities sector in Denmark for 10 years, the last four years with economic regulation of the water sector. Today, she is head of the Danish Water Regulatory Authority developing the regulatory regime for the water and waste water sector which is quite new in Denmark. Her areas of expertise are in economic regulatory policy, regulatory incentive design, water resource management and change management. Tone has been the advisor to several ministers on a broad spectre of utilities sector policy matters.
- Dr. Tore Langset: Head of Economic Regulation, Norwegian Energy Regulatory Authority
- Tore Langset has been working for the Norwegian Water Resources and Energy
Directorate, the Norwegian Energy Regulatory Authority, since 1994 with developing regulatory regimes for utilities in the power sector. Since 2005, he has been the Head of Section for Economic Regulation. This unit is responsible for the incentive regulation of the monopolistic businesses in the power sector. From 2001 to 2004, he was the Head of Section for Power Market, a unit that was responsible for the competitive businesses of the power sector. His areas of expertise are in regulatory incentive design, market design, benchmarking of utilities, tariff reviews, data collection and verification procedures, quality of supply measurement, unbundling of integrated utilities and compliance monitoring. Tore has assisted regulatory authorities in several countries with capacity building within these areas.
- Mr. Badri Meouchi: Chairman of the Lebanese Transparency Organization
- A young executive, leader, and consultant who works collaboratively with clients across the globe to help them develop and implement corporate governance, in addition to promoting and implementing anti-corruption mechanisms in public and private sectors. He possesses an Extensive training and facilitation experience with large and small organizations worldwide. He acted as an Executive Director of the Lebanese Transparency Association (LTA – Transparency International's chapter in Lebanon), and the executive director of the Institute of Directors (IoD) in Lebanon from 2005 to 2012. He supervised and coordinated LTA's public and private sector programs to promote good governance and transparency in Lebanon, and IoD's efforts to promote Corporate Governance (CG) in Lebanon and the region. Such initiatives have included the development and launching of CG Codes and raising awareness in the private sector on the principles and benefits of CG: through organizing conferences, facilitating workshops and identifying companies which can serve as case studies in applying CG. During this time, Badri was also working in partnership with the International Finance Corporation's (IFC) Corporate Governance Project in Lebanon, which aimed to offer Lebanese and Arab companies with a variety of services through the IoD – including CG Assessments and Implementation Plans, as well as training courses for board members and top management. Since 2012, Badri consulted and provided advisory services on corporate governance, project management and anti-corruption programs to a variety of international organizations as well as individual banks, companies and NGOs in the MENA region. He also served as a regional consultant for the UNDP, where he was responsible for developing and disseminating a course on collective action and good governance targeting SMEs and business associations across the MENA region. In addition, Badri has been serving as LTA's Chairman since June 2016. Badri joined Tamayyaz team in 2015 as a Corporate Governance Consultant and has been developing new Corporate Governance Services, in partnership with the IFC, designed to enable Banks, SMEs, FOEs and NGOs to develop and implement governance frameworks within their organizations.
- H.E. VP Dr. Saad Andary: The Second Vice-Governor of the Banque du Liban
- Saad Andary was appointed as the Second Vice-Governor of the Banque du Liban, on April 1, 2009. He is a member of the Bank's Central Council, and of the OpenMarkets Committee. He Chairs the joint BDL-BCC Financial Stability Committee, and the Scientific, Technical, and Ethical Qualifications Committee. He is also "Membre du Conseil de Surveillance de l'ESA". He also oversees the following areas at BDL: banks' department, foreign studies department, services & maintenance department, training & development institute, and financial stability unit. Mr. Andary held several senior executive positions in the financial sector including, Deputy General Manager (BBAC), General Manager (Kuwaiti Interests for Financial Investments), and Head of Treasury (Arab Bank, Lebanon). He Chaired the Association of Banks' Human Resources Committee, and was until his recent appointment member of the Board of Directors of Capital Insurance & Re-Insurance. In the Academic field he served for many years as the Director of the Institute of Money & Banking at A.U.B., and as Associate Professor at LAU Business School. Mr. Andary served as Chairman of the International Chambers of Commerce's Anti-Corruption Commission. He was instrumental in directing “Lebanon's Young Entrepreneurship" initiative, which was recently launched by BDL with support from ESA and the civil society. This initiative started its activities by bringing together stakeholders and local and international backers to build economic capacity supported by the financial sector. Mr. Andary holds a Ph.D. (Econ.) from the University of Aberdeen (U.K.); M.A. (Econ.) from Durham University (U.K.); and B.A. from A.U.B.