They say “Data is the new oil" and we cannot agree more. What if this data could be used for good.. to help Lebanon? This is a call for all the geeks, data analysts, engineers, developers and innovators out there: YOU MIGHT BE THE ONE WE ARE LOOKING FOR!
Roll up your sleeves, find the next greatest idea, develop your team and apply now!
The Darwazah Center for Innovation Management & Entrepreneurship is organizing a “Data for Good Hackathon” in collaboration with AUB’s Master’s in Business Analytics. The purpose of this hackathon is to support Lebanon through Big Data. All AUB active students are encouraged to apply!
One can apply as:
- A team of [2-5]
(One team member, at least, needs to have coding skills)
- Teams must have at least 1 AUB active student
- Teams who previously worked on the idea are not eligible to apply
- Teams must submit their idea before the deadline [teams can iterate and pivot during the hackathon]
- Teams are expected to develop their Problem-Solution Fit & MVP code during the hackathon
- Teams must submit their deliverables to Darwazah@aub.edu.lb no further than May 30, 4:00 PM
- All prizes are to be shared between all team members
- Teams can be disqualified from the competition at the organizers’ discretion.
- Teams are encouraged to apply to the DSAccelerate2021 competition
In addition to the top prizes, the hackathon winners get automatically shortlisted to the DSAccelerate2021 semi-finals.