The Case Hub at the Suliman S. Olayan School of Business, American University of Beirut is launching its first annual Case Study Writing Competition. The competition aims to promote case studies with impact and honor the best case study writers about the Arab MENA.
View the call here.
Make your submission at this link.
You may apply to the general competition stream or apply to one of the co-sponsored streams:
- General competition stream (all themes related to business education, including but not limited to: Digitalization and impact of technology, Business ethics, Human resources, Impact investing, Leadership, Operations management; Supply chain; Finance; Accounting; Family business)
- Business analytics stream, co-sponsored by the Master of Science in Business Analytics program
- Corporate governance stream, co-sponsored by the Rami F. Makhzoumi Corporate Governance Initiative
- Inclusion and diversity stream, co-sponsored by the Center for Inclusive Business Leadership (CIBL)
- Innovation and entrepreneurship management stream, co-sponsored by the Darwazah Center for Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship
- Social and environmental entrepreneurship stream, co-sponsored by the Nature Conservation Center (NCC)
Awards and Benefits
The winning case studies will obtain:
- Recognition through a feature in The Case Hub and co-sponsor newsletter, website and social media
- A plaque and a certificate for display
- Monetary prizes of $1,500 for the best case study and $750 for the runner up in each stream
- Unpublished case studies may be considered for publication at The Case Hub
Eligibility and Requirements
- At least one author must currently hold a position at a higher education institution.
- All case studies must be positioned in the Arab MENA region and target a topic of interest to business school education.
- Case studies must be based on a real (undisguised) decision made by a real protagonist in a real organization using either primary sources (interviews, field visits and data) or secondary research.
- All case studies must be anonymous. Author and institution names must be concealed
- Case studies must be original, and unpublished or published in 2021 or later.
- Submissions are accepted in both English and Arabic.
- All case study formats are accepted (cases, short cases, multimedia, comic, etc.)
- All submissions must include a teaching note (recommended sections: synopsis, learning objectives, teaching the case study, suggested supplementary material, suggested assignment questions, analysis, and epilogue)
- The case study and the teaching note have equal weights in the evaluation
- The following are examples of criteria that will be used: relevance to business education, innovativeness of the topic, readability and understandability of the narrative, multi-perspective narrative/ situation, and additional resources (multimedia videos, data files, etc. that enrich the case study)
To participate in the Case Writing Competition, please submit the following:
- Abstract that highlights the key issues of the case study and the nature of available data
- Case study
- Teaching note
- Any other supplementary material
Submission Opens 6 March 2023
Deadline for Case Study Submissions 1 June 2023
Announcement of Winners July 2023