Join us for the third annual Women in Data Science (WiDS) Conference @AUB
March 1, 2019 I 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Maamari Auditorium I Suliman S. Olayan School of Business, American University of Beirut
WiDS at AUB is an independent event organized by OSB to coincide with the annual Global Women in Data Science (WiDS) Conference held at Stanford University and an estimated 150+ locations worldwide. All genders are invited to attend WiDS regional events, which features outstanding women doing outstanding work. AUB is also a regional WiDS hub, providing livestream and other support for WiDS events throughout the Arab MENA region. WiDS AUB is the largest regional event for the past two years, bringing in Arab and international female leaders in Data science to Beirut.
Guide. Inspire. Educate
The Women in Data Science at the American University of Beirut Initiative aims to inspire and educate data scientists, regardless of gender, and support Arab women in the field. This one-day technical conference provides an opportunity to hear about the latest data science research in different fields, learn how leading-edge companies are leveraging data science for success, and connect with potential mentors, collaborators, and others in the field. The event is directed towards business practitioners, researchers, students.
Why women in data science at AUB?
- WiDS AUB creates a platform for data scientists in the Arab Middle East to
- Promote a higher representation of women in data science
- Expose the latest data science research and practices globally and particularly in the Arab Middle East
- Exchange ideas, encourage mentorship, and interdisciplinary collaboration
- Connect regional researchers and practitioners to pioneering global data science networks