This 35-hour course is designed to effectively train professionals working or interested in business analysis on becoming well versed with the BABOK and capable of applying for the various IIBA's ECBA, CCBA and CBAP certifications. It provides full details on the BABOK Guide, including the Business Analysis Core Concept Model, Knowledge Areas, Tasks and Techniques of business analysis. The course is interactive, and its methodology is based on Bloom's taxonomy for adult learning with exercises, case study, reflections, quizzes, group discussions and presentations.
- Gain knowledge on Business Analysis common practices as per IIBA's BABOK Standard.
- Understand how to do Enterprise Analysis, Strategy Analysis, Requirements Elicitation & Analysis, Solution Design & Evaluation.
- Discuss real life examples, scenarios and situations.
- Practice what they learned through a group case study.
- Gain eligibility to IIBA's ECBA, CCBA and CBAP certifications.
- Expand their network by meeting other like-minded professionals interested in business analysis.
Course Target Group
The course is developed for:
- Business Analysts
- Enterprise and System Analysts
- Product Managers
- Project & Program Managers
- Management Consultants
- IT Consultants
- Change & Transformation Managers
- Project Management Office (PMO) Team
- VRO & SRO Teams (Vision and Strategic Realization Offices)
- Strategy and KPI Professionals and Consultants
- Individuals interested in expanding their knowledge in Business Analysis
|Introduction||Overview on Business Analysis, the BABOK and overall field of work|
|Business Analysis Key Concepts||Understanding the Business Analysis Core Concept Model, Key Terms, Requirements Classification Schema, Stakeholders as well as Requirements and Design |
|Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring||Will be covering all the different tasks for planning and monitoring business analysis work|
|Elicitation and Collaboration||The steps, tools, techniques and strategies of eliciting requirements and ensuring stakeholder collaboration.|
|Requirements Life Cycle Management||A deep dive into the Life Cycle of Requirements from tracing to approval.|
|Strategy Analysis||Starting from understanding the enterprise Current State to defining the Future State, assessing risks and defining the necessary change strategy.|
|Requirements Analysis and Design||The different steps of requirements analysis from specifying to modeling, verifying, validating and defining the requirements architecture. Additionally, this module will cover design options and analysis of potential value of recommended solutions|
|Solution Evaluation||Measuring the solution performance, analyzing the performance measures, assessing the solution and enterprise limitations and recommending actions to increase solution value.|
|Underlying Competencies||The 6 underlying competency categories for successful BA work including analytical thinking, problem solving, behavioral characteristics, business knowledge, communication skills, interaction skills as well as BA tools and techniques.|