This is a password-protected area with supplemental material accessible to Senate members only.
To access the material, please sign in with your AUBnet Username and Password.
Documents on Tenure
- Vest report, June 2006
- President's Taskforce on Tenure report, December 2007
- Senate discussions on tenure (excerpts from minutes), January-February 2008
- Senate Ad-Hoc Committee statement on tenure, February 2008
- Excerpts from The Questions of Tenure, edited by Richard P. Chait, Harvard Univ. Press (2002)
- Chapter 1: "Why Tenure, Why Now?" by Richard P. Chait
- Chapter 3: "Does Faculty Governance Differ at Colleges with Tenure and Colleges without Tenure?" by Richard P. Chait
- Chapter 5: " What Happened to the Tenure Track?" by Roger G. Baldwin and Jay L. Chronister
- Chapter 7: "Can Colleges Competitively Recruit Faculty without the Prospect of Tenure?" by Cathy A. Trower
- Chapter 9: "Why is Tenure One College's Problem and Another's Solution?" by William T. Mallon