AUB University for Seniors was chosen by AUB Alumni offices as ONE of eight beneficiaries of this year AUB4Beirut run (more on this initiative). It did so given the impact of the program on the lives of older people for the past 13 years. The program that started as a life-long learning program is turning now into a hub for trainings, advocacy and research for and with older people.
FIVE Alumni chapters will be running/walking for the University for Seniors: Toronto Chapter, Greater Los Angeles Chapter, Houston Chapter, Jordan Chapter and WAAAUB Health Sciences chapter.
We are organizing our own UfS walk, on the below details:
- Date: Friday, September 22
- 3:45 pm Beirut time: Registration and warm-up session. There will be fun booths for you to interact with!
- 4:15 pm Beirut time: Gather at Charles Hostler Student Center Gate and take a group photo
- 4:30 pm Beirut time: Begin walk on Manara towards Ain Mreisseh Mosque and back to AUB.
- 5:25 pm Beirut time: Wrap up
- Charge: FREE. Bring your family and friends of all ages to join.
- Make sure to wear proper shoes for walking, comfortable attire, bring your hats and water bottles with you.
Our UfS walk is free of charge, however, if you or any member of your family or friends would like to donate to the UfS then please do so through this link
Let's walk together for a positive image of ageing and the rights of older people!