WelcomeThe Scholars in HeAlth Research Program (SHARP) provides graduates with the required foundation to pursue a career in clinical and translational research, particularly focusing on Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs). It offers didactic courses and hands-on training in the essential disciplines to conduct quantitative research, namely epidemiology, biostatistics, research ethics, and library science/informatics. SHARP offers a 12 credit summer certificate and a 40 credit MSc. degree, jointly awarded by the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Health Sciences at AUB.
(More) (SHARP Brochure) (Summary)
The Mission of the Scholars in HeAlth Research Program (SHARP) at the American University of Beirut (AUB) is "To provide superior didactic education complemented with state-of-the-art interactive and practical training in health research, with a focus on non-communicable diseases research. It is intended for physicians and other health care professionals, to improve and advance the health care agenda for non-communicable diseases in Lebanon and the region".
- SHARP graduates shine again (Read)
- Alleviating the access abyss in palliative care and pain relief an imperative of universal health coverage: the Lancet Commission report (View)
- WHO releases guidelines to address overweight and obesity in children (View)
- Release of the GCM/NCD Progress Report 2014-2016 (View)
- Publications from The New England Journal of Medicine on non-inferiority trials and per protocol analyses (Non inferiority studies) (Per-Protocol Analyses of Pragmatic Trials)- Dr. Maya Barake-paper entitled "Effects of Growth Hormone Therapy on Bone Density and Fracture Risk in Age-Related Osteoporosis in the Absence of Growth Hormone Deficiency. A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis" has been accepted for publication in Endocrine.
- Presidential Symposium - Women at AUB: Strategic Institutional Initiatives (View) (Video)