Co-founder and the current President of the newly established ‘Center for Studies on Ageing’ in Lebanon
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health
Epidemiology and Population Health
Faculty of Health Sciences
American University of Beirut
Van Dyck Building
PO Box 11-0236
Office: Room 206, Van Dyck
Tel: 961 1 350000 ext. 4647
- PhD. (1997) London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Demographic and epidemiologic transition in Lebanon
- Cardiovascular diseases and risk factors
- Tobacco consumption
- Population ageing and its consequences
- Social epidemiology
- Health consequences of conflict,
- Disability impairments and handicaps
- Routine sources of data collection.
- Comprehensive survey of older persons’ health in three impoverished areas of the outskirts of Beirut,
- The national Burden of Disease Study and the more recently the Chronic Disease Risk Factor Surveillance national study in Lebanon
- Arguile smoking and arteriographically determined coronary artery disease.
- Living arrangements among older adults in Lebanon.
- Labor supply, childbearing, and women's welfare in old age: the consequences of reproductive and work history for mid- and later-life health.
- Co-morbidity and comparison of estimates based on cell phone interviews with face-to face interviews