Ms. Aida Farha holds a BS in pharmacy from the American University of Beirut.
She has been working as a medical information specialist at the American University of Beirut since 1980.
Medical Library and information, Social Sciences, Health Sciences, Library Science and Library and Information Studies
- End-user training in a virtual medical library setting – a case study of an academic medical library in Lebanon. Library Management 22(8/9):351356, 2001.
- Internet and Medicine: introduction and useful tips. Medical Periodical 2(10):39-40, 1999.
- Basic information and useful tips on searching the medical literature using CD-ROMs, with special emphasis on MEDLINE. J Med Liban 46(1):48-51, 1998.
- Bibliographic CD-ROM searching: basic information and useful tips. Nashrat Jamiyat al-Maktabat al-Lubnaniyah 4(2):5-7, Winter 1997.
- Lebanese Corner: a computerized bibliographic database on published items either by Lebanese authors or about Lebanon in the field of medicine or other related health topics.
Papers Presented At Conferences
- Citation Analysis Tools: Web of Science and Scopus”. Paper presented at the Fourth Regional Conference on EMR Health Sciences Virtual Library, WHO/EMR Cairo, 23-25 Nov 2004.
- End-User Training in a Virtual Medical Library Setting – Case of an Academic Medical Library in Lebanon”. Paper presented at the Special Libraries Association – Arabian Gulf Chapter 8thAnnual Conference and Exhibit, Abu Dhabi, UAE, 24-26 Oct 2000.
- Lebanese Corner: Lebanese authors on health fields”. Paper presented at the 3rd International Conference and Exhibition on Multi-lingual Computing (Arabic and Roman Script), 10-12 Dec 1992, University of Durham, U. K.
- Workshop on Introduction to Information Management Skills for Medical Library Personnel in Lebanon, held on Nov 29, 30 and Dec 6,7,13 and 14, 1997.
- Workshop on Internet and Medline: guide to effective searching, given to all health-care professionals in Lebanon on Dec 19, 1998.
- Workshop on Internet and Medline given to all the Medical, Nursing and Public Health Faculty at the AUB, Feb 14, 15, 21 and 22, 1998.
- Workshop on Internet and CD-ROM Searching for all Librarians in Lebanon, held on Sept 26, 1998.
- Workshop on Internet and Medline: guide to effective searching, given to all residents, interns and faculty at AUB for two consecutive Saturdays on 3 and 10 July, 1999.
- Seminar on Health and Safety information retrieval skills given to the Ministry of Labor Professional Staff on Dec 19, 2000.
- CD-ROM and Internet searching a one-day seminar, sponsored by UNESCO, Feb 16, 2002.
- Workshop on Evidence-Based Medicine and Internet “Health and Biomedical Information Resources” given to 23 Eastern Mediterranean Region Countries, Cairo, Feb 5, 2002.
- Internet & Information Services: a two-day workshop given at UNESCO Palace, sponsored by ISESCO, Mar 27-28, 2003.
- One-day Seminar on Health Information Retrieval Skills given to Medical Librarians in Cyprus, Dec 12, 2004.
- Four-day Workshop on “Medical Information Retrieval Skills” given to physicians and medical librarians in Rabat, Morocco, June 8-11, 2004.
- One-day Workshop on Medical Information Retrieval Skills for Qatari Community Physicians, April 15, 2004.
- Five-day workshop given to Healthcare professionals including physicians, medical librarians on “National Training Workshop in Health Information Documentary Research”, Morocco Nov 7-11, 2005.
- Two-day Workshop given to Syrian Health-Care Professionals on Health Information Retrieval Skills, Damascus, Feb 22-23, 2005.
- Three-day workshop given to medical librarians and healthcare professionals in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, 24-26 Feb 2007.
- Two-day workshop given at Al Manaa College Apr 11-12, 2008, Saudi Arabia.
- One-day Seminar given to Physicians/Researchers at the Syrian American Medical Association (SAMA), Damascus Nov 7, 2008.
- Five-day workshop on Grey Literature sponsored by WHO/EMR, Dec14-18, 2009.
- Four-hour training for doctors at St. Maritime Hospital, Saturday March 6, 2010.
- Two-hour seminar on Medical Information at the 1st international nursing and healthcare informatics training course in the region, May 12, 2010.
- Four-hour Workshop on “Medical Information Retrieval Skills in the Evidence-Based Medicine Age” held at the Middle East Medical Assembly, May 8, 2011, in Beirut, Lebanon.
- One-day workshop given to European Medical Librarians on “Retrieving Medical Information from Free and Reliable Internet Resources” held at EAHIL July 5, 2011 in Istanbul.