The minor in petroleum engineering is open to AUB students from all majors, who have finished their first one academic year (non-engineering students) and their first academic two years (engineering students) and have attained a GPA ≥ 70.
Minor Program Requirements (18 Credits)
The Student taking the minor is required to complete 18 credits from the list given below. The student has to complete 9 credits of core courses and 9 credits of elective courses. (If students took 2 out of the 4 core courses form the core courses list, the remaining 2 courses can be taken as an elective for the minor).
Required Core Courses (9 Credits)
- PETR 200 Introduction to Petroleum Engineering [3 cr.]
Two courses from the following list:
Elective Courses (9 Credits) selected from the following courses:
- PETR 322 / CHEN 595 Drilling Engineering I [3 cr.]
- PETR 421 / CHEN 690 Reservoir Engineering [3 cr.]
- PETR 432 / CHEN 592 Production Engineering [3 cr.]
- PETR 312 / CHEN 593 Reservoir Petrophysics [3 cr.]
- PETR 300 Petroleum Exploration [3 cr.]
- PETR 321 / CHEN 594 Reservoir Fluids [3 cr.]
- PETR 520 / CHEN 696 Reservoir Modeling [3 cr.]
- PETR 514 / CHEN 697 Reservoir Econ. & Risk Management [3 cr.]
- CHEN 480 Safety and Loss Prevention [3 cr.]
- CHEN 590 Petroleum Refining [3 cr.]
- CHEN 591 Natural Gas Processing [3 cr.]
- MECH 768 Transport through Porous Media [3 cr.]
- GEOL 225 Petroleum Geology [3 cr.]
- GEOL 226 Introduction to Geophysics [3 cr.]
download this form to apply
Note: Other courses may be approved as minor equivalents at the consent of the Baha and Walid Bassatne Department of Chemical Engineering and Advanced Energy. Students cannot receive more than 6 credits for both major and minor courses as technical electives in chemical engineering major.