The minor in petroleum engineering is open to AUB students from all majors, who have finished their first one academic year (non-engineering students) and their first academic two years (engineering students) and have attained a GPA ≥ 70.
Minor Program Requirements (18 Credits)
The student taking the minor is required to complete 18 credits. The student has to complete 12 credits of core courses and 6 credits of elective courses.
Required Core Courses (12 Credits)
- PETR 200 Introduction to Petroleum Engineering [3 cr.]
- PETR 322/ CHEN 595 Drilling Engineering I [3 cr.]
- PETR 421/CHEN 690 Reservoir Engineering [3 cr.]
- PETR 432 Production Engineering [3 cr.]
Elective Courses (6 Credits) selected from the following courses:
- PETR 300 Petroleum Exploration [3 cr.]
- PETR 312 Reservoir Petrophysics [3 cr.]
- PETR 321 / CHEN 594 Reservoir Fluids [3 cr.]
- PETR 520 Reservoir Modeling [3 cr.]
- PETR 514 Reservoir Economics and Risk Management [3 cr.]
- CHEN 480 Safety and Loss Prevention [3 cr.]
- CHEN 590 Petroleum Refining [3 cr.]
- CHEN 591 Natural Gas Processing [3 cr.]
- MECH 768 Transport through Porous Media [3 cr.]
- GEOL 225 Petroleum Geology [3 cr.]
- GEOL 226 Introduction to Geophysics [3 cr.]
Note: Other courses may be approved as minor equivalents at the consent of the Chemical and Petroleum Engineering Department. Students cannot receive more than 6 credits for both PETR/CHEN cross listed courses as technical electives in chemical engineering major. For other majors please check with your department.