Spring 2021 - March 15 to June 4, 2021
Online registration will be open from Monday, March 1 at 10:00 am to Friday, March 5 at 4:00 pm. The UfS has an EXCLUSIVELY online registration system, online registration form can be filled by you or anyone else on your behalf. The Limited Capacity Study Groups are filled on a first to register, first to enroll basis. Those who complete the registration process (i.e. fill in the online application form and settle the membership fee) will be enrolled in these classes. Thus in order to guarantee your place, the registration process should be fully completed.
Membership fees: the UfS is offering the following membership fees and packages:
- Individual membership fees:
- Members residing in Lebanon: 400,000 LBP (please note only in Lebanese pounds) in cash or cheque directly at AUB's Cashier office.
- Members residing outside Lebanon: $300 through a bank transfer
- Couple’s membership: there will be no extra charge for couples (husband and wife/partners) i.e. couples can enroll this Spring paying one individual membership fee of 400,000LBP or $300 (covering both members)
- Annual membership: we will be freezing our annual membership package this spring term and until further notice
- Golden membership fees (will remain applicable): a life membership gratis for every individual over 85 years of age with 6 consecutive terms at the UfS.
- Members registered for the annual membership in Fall 2020 will be automatically considered registered in Spring 2021 and will pay no new fees. Members who deferred their membership from Spring 2020 to Spring 2021 will also be automatically registered and will pay no fees. They will only need to fill out the online registration form.
Payment: Members will receive an invoice by email from the UfS. Members residing in Lebanon should settle the membership fees in person (or through a delegate) at AUB’s cashier office (College Hall near Main Gate) in cash or cheque strictly in Lebanese Lira. Members living outside of Lebanon need to do a bank transfer in US dollars. For bank transfers, details will be sent by email. Due to logistical reasons, members are asked to share their paid receipts with the team once the process is complete. The membership fees payment entitles you to become a term member and thus to participate in the term activities such as study groups, lectures, specially organized cultural events, and UfS social gatherings. Membership fees are to be settled no later than the first week of the term. If the fees are not paid during that period, membership for the term will be canceled unless a compelling reason is presented to the Program Manager.
Refund and Deferment: In line with AUB policies, refund of membership fees is not possible once the term starts. Deferment can be made for one term only when a compelling reason is presented to the Program Manager and no later than the first week of the term. The person whose membership is deferred is automatically considered a member in the following term yet should still fill the online registration form of the following term once it becomes available online.