The Health Policy and Systems Institute launched its Mentorship Program in Health Policy and Systems Research on July 27th, 2020, in collaboration with K2P Center. The Programme provides an opportunity for capacity enhancement in evidence-informed policymaking for policymakers and implementers.
The program commences with a 3-day face to face meeting followed by on-line learning. Click on the picture to hear their testimony.
Selection of Fellows
So far, the program welcomed two cohorts of Fellows
The first cohort included 8 Senior and middle-level policymakers from the National Agency for Control of AIDS Abuja Nigeria
- Use evidence to improve good governance and sustainability in health programs and policy
- Facilitating coordination, political dialogue & consensus building among stakeholders in AIDS intervention programs
- Monitoring & evaluation of intervention programs to promote policymaking, and program sustainability in HIV/AIDS control
- Assessment of the influence of national and international politics in HIV/AIDS control
The second cohort included senior policymakers from Plateau State, Benue State, Kogi State, Enugu State, Ebonyi State, and National Parliament Abuja
- Use quality evidence in policymaking, planning, and implementation
- Ethics in policymaking and implementation
- Intersectoral collaboration in evidence-informed policymaking
- Engagement of stakeholders in priority setting
- The political economy of evidence-informed policymaking in the Nigeria context
- The capacity of participants built to understand the concept and characteristics of good governance (including e-governance), and sustainability in health programs (sustainability science).
- Knowledge of participants strengthened on good governance and sustainability in health programs and policy (including evidence-informed policymaking & implementation)
- Enhanced knowledge and understanding of the mechanism for effective coordination (including political dialogue & consensus building in implementing government policies)
- Enhanced capacity to established relationships for collaborations amongst stakeholders (including the promotion of inter-sectoral collaboration & human resource management).