American University of Beirut

Steps for waiving EM course requirement

  1. ​​​​​​Agree with your Advisor on the course from the university where you obtained your undergraduate degree that you want to use to waive credit requirements in Engineering Management.  The course should have a grade of B+ or more and should be a graduate or advanced undergraduate course.

  2. Get the syllabus for the course in (1)

  3. ​Identify the course in AUB which is equivalent to the course in (1)

  4. Fill the following equivalency form  Course Equivalence/ Credit Transfer Form​​

  5. Identify the instructor of the equivalent course in AUB (by contacting the appropriate department)

  6. Share the form and the syllabus with the instructor that teaches the course at AUB.  Ask them to approve the equivalency by signing the form.

  7. Get the signature of IEM Department Chair on the same form.

  8. Fill ​an online petition and attach to it (i) the signed form, (ii) the syllabus, and (iii) your undergraduate transcripts.

  9. Your online petition goes to the Graduate Studies Committee (contact person, Ms. Kazma), and if approved, gets communicated to the office of the registrar to include in your transcript as a transfer course. The grade will show that you have passed them but will not count in your average at AUB.​​​​​​

Contact Us

For various questions, please try contacting us via social media first!
read more

Privacy Statement

We take data privacy seriously and adhere to all applicable data privacy laws and regulations.
read more

Copyright and Disclaimer

Written permission is needed to copy or disseminate all or part of the materials on the AUB website.
read more

Title IX, Non-Discrimination, and Anti-Discriminatory Harassment

AUB is committed to providing a safe, respectful, and inclusive environment to all members of its community.
read more